Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Week 2 Advent Devo.

Again, I hope nobody at www.FaithAtWork.com really minds, but I just feel like their Advent Reflections need a bigger audience. So here's Week 2:


Relationship To Others - Luke 1 - "Your wife Elizabeth will bear a son..."

Elizabeth and Zechariah face a particularly challenging time in the Advent story. Elizabeth is, despite her age, suddenly pregnant. Zechariah is, despite his wordy vocation as a priest, suddenly mute. And together, they need to figure it out.

Any sort of committed relationship - family or origin, friends, marriage - is challenging enough when things are normal. But life rarely is. When things change in our own lives, it impacts those around us. Together, we need to figure it out.

Questions:
- What changes are going on in your close relationships?
- Is it time to speak, or (like Zechariah) be quiet?
- What relationship needs the light of Advent?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the welcome! I've seen the ABC in Gettysburg and thought it awesome that it was across the street for the seminary. Would make a great hang out! We had to drive to the one near our Pres. seminary.

Church Lady Chronic-ails said...

You give good food for thought. Keep writing

youngandcollared said...

As far as changes in my close relationships.....
My relationship with my husband continues to mold me, and how I view our marriage. Living with someome, even someone you love with all your heart, takes work.

Is it time to speak or be quiet?
..... gosh I never seem to know the answer to that question. I think I keep quiet a lot, so maybe it'll be time for me to say something soon.

What relationships need the light of Advent?
.... There are friends that I purposefully haven't spoken to in months because of their hurful actions. I need God to help me to see if these relationships are worth me being the bigger person (as always) and resolving this issue.