1. A favorite 'secular' Christmas song.
Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas is You. Hands down.
2. Christmas song that chokes you up (maybe even in spite of yourself--the cheesier the better)
I have always loved Silent Night. My favorite version is Stevie Nicks singing it, but when we sing it at church in the dark, with the candles, and the families, acapella, *sniffle* sigh...
3. Christmas song that makes you want to stuff your ears with chestnuts roasted on an open fire. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Its just disturbing, folks...
4. The Twelve Days of Christmas: is there *any* redeeming value to that song? Discuss.
I do kind of enjoy several of the spin-offs of this song, but I can only really listen to them once per season.
5. A favorite Christmas album
I dunno if I have a favorite album... I make mix CDs! but I did just buy a great Christmas Album from Rachel Kurtz!
Friday, December 8, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You almost lost me at Mariah Carey, but I hear ya on the rest!
Clearly, only Mariah pre-1995. It brings me back to junior high ;o)
Welcome to the F5! Great list.
I gotta say, "Mommy kissing Santa" is just a stupid song... I'm with ya.
(o) blogstone and a welcome! :)
Deb
Great list! The Mariah song is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, too.
I remember one year at church we sang hymns by candlelight interspersed with the Nativity account. It was an incredible experience.
Post a Comment