Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Diwali!

"I'm a Christian. I celebrate Christmas. So have a happy Hanukkah. Have a wonderful Kwanzaa. If you’re an atheist, have a good day. I’m a Christian – will someone please wish me a merry Christmas, dammit?! " (Russ Wills)

http://www.theooze.com/articles/article.cfm?id=1516


Very interesting. Well, being the Queen of All Things PC and Equality, I can see both sides of the coin. But if you're speaking about all the holidays celebrated around this time of year, when the majority of your audience is Christian...



(p.s. Diwali is the Hindu "Festival of Lights" celebrated mid-November)

13 comments:

QuakerPastor said...

Hi and welcome to the RGBP! It's great fun...oh and Merry Christmas :)

Sally said...

Welcome to revgals- that is a good article thanks for the link- I do believe we become extreeme int the PC dept if we are not careful- looking forward to reading more from you.
Peace and blessings

Dancing with God said...

Welcome to RGBP! My profile is quite similiar to yours ... young, female, in a church internship, hoping to be ordained some day.

I look forward to reading your blog!

Dancing with God

smkyqtzxtl said...

Hi welcome and merry Christmas. I'm old and hoping to be ordained someday, The spiritual version of Sarah, I'm going to laugh all the way to ordination. Blessings as you continue on your journey. Remember to practice the presence of God, keep up the Divine conversation all day long, it helps me at least.

Tripp Hudgins said...

Welcome to RGBP! I really like the quotation...and agree that it's a bit more complicated in the west to simply wish everyone the religiously appropriate happy holiday. Does the government shut down for Kwanza yet? I don't think so.

Plus, we Christians should be willing to step down...first shall be last and all that.

Stacey said...

Welcome to the RevGals, and happy whatever holiday you choose to celebrate today!

Deb said...

ROFL - you fit in great with the rest of this crew...

And an early Merry Christmas to yoU!
Deb

Shawna Atteberry said...

Welcome to RGBP!

suz said...

welcome to RGBP. I have enjoyed reading your posts, and find myself in a similar position...done with seminary, not quite finished with the ordination process. Blessings to you.

I look forward to dropping by again!

~traveling mercies

Iris said...

Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the RGBP! How exciting to have you here. Love the link to the PC article! Thanks and merry holy-days!

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

welcome!

Anonymous said...

Can I ask a question? What is a Lootran? I ask this because my Family nickname "Ran" so I have a personal website called ranloot.com.

I chose the site name because I was once stationed in Japan and "Ran" means "Chaos," so the site has a double meaning: Ran Loot = my money, or Ran Loot = Chaotic Cash...

For some reason, I decided to do a search for "Lootran" tonight and there is a post that says "I am a fellow Lootran..."

Is Lootran another language's spelling of Lutheran?

Thank you.