Sunday Mornings have become a sacred time for me. Not just the church part of the morning, but the "getting up while its still dark out" part too. Not that I don't silently curse when my alarm goes off at 5:30am, but once I'm out of bed and have a cup of coffee it becomes some sort of preparatory rite.
My teaching parish, the church I served my first year at seminary, was an hour away from campus. So every Sunday, I'd leave my dorm parking lot at 6:15am and drive through the country, watching the sun come up, singing along with the radio and drinking coffee. I was very very tired some of those mornings, but I found that by the time I got to the church, I was so ready to go I nearly bounded out of the car.
As I sit here at 6:32am, gulping my coffee, I'm trying to remember what all I'm doing this morning. Need to warm up my voice at some point so I can sing liturgy... Need to figure out what I'll do for the Sunday School Closing... Parents coming to the 11am service, where shall they sit? etc... Most mornings, my head is a fog, a I have no coherent thoughts for at least 30 minutes after I wake up.
Sunday's are different though...
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment