Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sermonizing

I have approximately 1/3 of the sermon I need for Sunday. The sermon that I will be judged on for mid-year evaluations. The sermon my parents are driving 2.5 hours to hear. The sermon I have to give at 3 very different worship services, after spending Saturday driving to Lancaster and dealing with candidacy in the synod. yay.

However, I will be wearing my brand new suit. I feel slightly old, its a knee-length skirt and a jacket. Pinstripe. I bought it for funerals, cause apparently every ordained female needs a "go to" funeral outfit that requires zero thought to put together. I stumbled upon a great blog about "What to Wear" as a young female in ministry. If only I cold find the link again...

Maybe I'll post some sermon on here later if I get motivated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...It's hard to be bold in proclaiming the gospel when it feels like a show, when you know that you are going to be judged on it.

My two cents: Tell it like it is, friend. People will just have to deal with it if they don't like it. Trust in your instinct. This is about God working through you. Let it happen!

susan said...

http://www.collarthis.blogspot.com/ is what you're talking about, I think. Good luck on the sermon! It sounds like the Lutheran and Episcopalian processes are very different. And lo and behold, we young Episcopalian clergy thought we were the only ones who had to wrestle with the young and collared thing. Glad to have found your blog!

Anonymous said...

You did great with the sermon on Sunday! It's always good to get a younger, "hipper" (did I really just say that?) perspective on the Word. Thanks for being such a great friend. :-)