Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Report Cards?

I apologize for my flagrant lack of posting. I've just been waiting for the right topic. And I think it struck me a few nights ago...

I've been in school for 19 years. I'm stil technically "in school," while I'm on internship. However, this is the first year of my life I can recall that I will not be receiving a report card! Eeegads! How do I function? Is this extrememely childish and ridiculous, or is this something you've experienced?

How do I evaluate my own performance? Do I trust parishoners who seem to like me to tell me what kind of job I'm doing? Are my supervisors going to be honest and forthright with me, or are they just being nice? My whole high school and college and seminary experience was extremely grades driven... I had to get the A. I had to suceed or else I just felt I'd let myself down.

Why do I have to be "good enough?" What's that about? Why am I so concerned with "making the grade?"

No comments: