So I'm skimming The Lutheran magazine... Great articles, insightful commentary, good Lutheran humor and perspective... When what do I stumble upon, but an advertisment for The Human Rights Campaign! I'm thrilled! My younger sister, Mary, interned with HRC for a summer, and had a great experience with them. The work that they do is incredibly important and needed in our world today. So HRC now has a "Faith and Religion Program" as well as a weekly devotional and preaching prep. based on the Revised Common Lectionary Texts. Oh joy of joys!
Out in Scripture: An Honest Encounter Between Our Lives and The Bible
Hmmm... starting an LGBT & Straight Supporting Bible Study here could be very interesting indeed...
(I'm wondering what kind of backlash The Lutheran will suffer after placing a full page advertisment from a predominantly LGBT group.)
Friday, January 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nick here, from LOL. I noticed the Out In Scripture blurb in this post, and it caught my attention. I had heard about them in passing through some friends at school, and had meant to get more information, but it never happened, and then i forgot until now. Do you know any more? Is it something you're trying to get started at LOL? Let me know, I'm definitely intrigued!
Thanks for stopping by and wishing me a happy birthday! I am assuming by looking at your blog you are Lutheran - our women's singing group rehearses in a Lutheran church every week and for that I am thankful!
Thanks for finding me and offering encouragement. I know LOL - actually did a workshop there a few years ago for a women's conference. Sounds like you're in a really good spot on several levels...
Peace!
Post a Comment