Many of the RevGals using Blogger are experiencing some chaos this week as they move from Old Blogger to New Blogger. (Is that anything like New Coke?)
Change is a given in life, yet it's not easy for any of us. So strap on your seat belts and let's talk about it:
1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year.
I got married. Two became one, and now I live with the love of my life. If anyone tries to tell you that your first year of marriage is all bliss and excitement and joy, they're half right. I had to learn what it meant for me to be a "wife." It was harder than I thought, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something, important or not.
This morning I ordered a collared clergy shirt. I almost went with the tab collar, but at the last minute I decided to step it up and spend the $60 on a classy full neck-band collar. Talk about exciting.
3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called "Why Christianity Must Change or Die." Setting aside his ideas--what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church? I think youth ministry has to make some drastic changes, both in the way we define it and how we approach youth. I think changes need to happen in Christian Ed. I think most Lutheran adults, while they may know bible, have zero clue about church history, liturgy, and the whys and wherefores of how we worship in a liturgical church. And I think that's it important to know who we are and where we've come from. Lutheranism has something to offer, but its not being communicated in a way that people naturally gravitate to.
4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? If so, how many times?
After our wedding, I cut my hair the shortest I've ever had it. Speaking of such things, I need a hair cut.
5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing?
I dunno, I stay away from anything Low-fat, diet, new, or improved. I liked the old Coke just fine, thank you.
Friday, February 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marriage is a *huge* adjustment, no matter how long the relationship has been established. Blessings to you in this new phase of life!
Great answers from one newlywed to another. :)
Post a Comment