Friday, June 22, 2007

RevGalBlog Pals: FRIDAY FIVE

Friday Five: Hot Town, Summer in the City...

...or town, or suburb, or hamlet, or burg, or unincorporated zone, or rural area of your choice---pretty much anywhere but the southern hemisphere, it's summer. (Australians and others, consider this an invitation to take a break from winter for a while.)

1. Favorite summer food(s) and beverage(s)
I love peaches, plums, nectarines, etc... Also hot dogs. I don't care what they are made out of, they taste divine.

2. Song that "says" summer to you. (Need not be about summer explicitly.)
"Summertime" - Will Smith Watch the Video


3. A childhood summer memory
Just sort of living in the neighborhood, from backyard to backyard, with no real concept of time. Parents didn't know where we were at all times, but i guess they trusted us. How far could we get on a 10 speed?

4. An adult summer memory
Our honeymoon last June. The "mini-moon" as we called it, was a couple relaxing days on the Eastern Shore...

5. Describe a wonderful summer day you'd like to have in the near future. (weather, location, activities)
Bonfire. We used to have some serious bonfires back in the day...

Optional: Does your place of worship do anything differently in the summer? (Fewer services, casual dress, etc.)
According to my senior pastor, "School's out? That means church is IN!"

1 comment:

Shawna Atteberry said...

Oh I miss bonfires. I remember going to them every year when I was a kid. Great answers.