Friday, June 22, 2007

Hesitant

I'm having a little bit of writer's block when it comes to this blog. I guess I just don't know what my goal of writing is; am I writing so that when a parishioner finds it (and they will...) I won't have exposed myself TOO much? Am I writing to honestly share my feelings about internship, colleagues, a new marriage, drama, siblings, theology, discernment, etc? yikes...

How bout an update? I spent yesterday with my intern cluster and the supervisors who made the effort(three). We were out on a boat and they taught me to water ski!! Actually they taught me to get dragged behind a boat until i thought my arms were gonna come out of their sockets, but I think that's the first step.
I was dead set against doing any actual work yesterday - so having to have a serious discussion about self-care, instead of actually DOING SELF-CARE, and getting out on the water, was aggravating. But, I got a little color on my skin, which makes me happy (note to self: find a dermatologist...)

I'm finishing up internship here at Suburban Mega-Church. I'm trying to be Zen about it, but I have so many mixed emotions right now - on a variety of levels. There are some amazing parishioners here, but it's not the kind of environment I really work well in. There are some unresolved staffing issues I want to address, but i don't think its my place. There's a relationship here that I think will end once I leave, and that makes me incredibly sad - but I'm learning a lot about relationships and friendship. I just need to keep busy and not think about it, and my schedule till July 29th gets more packed everyday.

Tonight jake and I will return to Confirmation Camp - The Camp in the Woods, where we first met, many moons ago. I need to see some shooting stars...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am also a seminary student desperate to hear how other women are getting through training and share common and not so common experiences. I want to encourage you to keep writing as you never know the impact it will have. I am getting a great deal of encouragement already, just seeing so many other women out there. I will keep poppoing by from time to time to catch up with what you are doing, who or what has inspired you and to generally do your journey with you (from afar)!