Friday, April 13, 2007

RevGalBlogPals: Friday Five

Friday Five: Dental Edition

Cheesehead and I are both laid up this week with various tooth maladies. This one's in honor of us:

1. Are you a regular patron of dentists' offices? Or, do you go
a) faithfully, as long as you have insurance, or
b) every few years or so, whether you need it or not, or
c) dentist? what is this "dentist" thing you speak of?
I had always gone faithfully, until I moved to VA. I had to find a new dentist!
I had been going to the same guys since I first got teeth...


2. Whatever became of your wisdom teeth?
Christmas break 2003? Oh gosh, that was a month of my life that I'd like never to remember. I got all four out, all four were impacted; I couldn't eat real food for a month.

3. Favorite thing to eat that's BAAAAAD for your teeth.
Coffee.

4. Ever had oral surgery? Commiserate with me.
I've had a lot of mouth pain in my life. I was in braces from 3rd through 10th grade. I have two congenitally missing upper teeth, and had to have three surgeries in a year to get implants in my jaw. I've had surgery to remove baby teeth that wouldn't budge, and my wisdom teeth...

5. "I'd rather have a root canal than _________________."
I'd like NEVER to have a root canal, but i've had a lot of practice with mouth pain and novacaine (see above)

Bonus: Does your dentist recommend Trident?
My dentist recommends flossing. And I lie to him everytime. Don't give me that look, I know you lie too...

8 comments:

Sally said...

:-) re the flossing "yes everyday" well everyday I remember about once a week or once every other week....

Shawna Atteberry said...

My response to flossing is "well, when I remember..."

Lori said...

Not only can I not lie about flossing, but I have to use Stimudents every day and not lie about that either. 'Cause with gum issues, if you lie, you don't get to keep your teeth past age 50. Some of us are just lucky that way.

Joel said...

Erin,
Good to hear from you. Right now, I am not planning on going to seminary. I am taking a Hebrew class at PSU and I might get an MDiv while working for DiscipleMakers (www.dm.org). What are you up to these days?

Joel

more cows than people said...

thanks for the comment my way... sorry you're having a similar week or had a similar weekend... i swear- more zits for me post 20 than ever before. blessings.

Di said...

Yes, yes I lie.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding...clearly none of you have ever seen me try to lie... it never goes so well. I always tell them I don't, but at least I have a good tooth brush... and ofcourse all of this is assuming that I went to see them on a regular basis... I see two options, get it all done before you are 25 and off the 'rents insurance OR hope nothing implodeds in your mouth until you have normal peopl insurance... sadly I'm in boat 2.
NE

Jennifer said...

thanks for the comment over on my blog! my theory is that the pendulum swung so far in the other direction that the church forgot what to do with young people. I hear the ageism from the other direction, but it's pretty hefty from the institutional perspective. I had someone ask me my first week at seminary how I could possibly have anything to offer in class discussions, since I hadn't been out in the "real" world yet. Weird.